- SHUAA, headquartered in the United Arab Emirates with offices in Dubai, Riyadh, and Jeddah
- Asset management and lending businesses act as annuities for revenue. Investment banking advisory services and capital markets subject to market cycles.
- Public company listed on DFM with 1.065 billion shares in issue.
- Regulated as a financial investment company by the UAE Central Bank and the Securities and Commodities Authority
- 230 employees at September 30 2015, including Gulf Finance UAE and Gulf Finance Saudi Arabia.
- Capabilities include debt advisory, restructuring, Equities and M&A
- Worked on a number of high profile transactions during 2014 including the Emirates REIT IPO where SHUAA acted as Sponsor, Joint-Lead Manager and Joint Bookrunner, as well as the Amanat and Meraas IPOs
- Partnership with Government Agency Dubai SME.
- As of September 30 2015, Gulf Finance's gross loan portfolio was AED 1,094 million
- Gulf Finance UAE was established in 1997 and is licensed and regulated by the UAE Central Bank
- Gulf Finance Saudi Arabia was established in 2012 and offers Sharia compliant financing solutions for SMEs. It is regulated by the Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency (SAMA)
- Over AED 4.5 billion of lending to SMEs.
- Gulf Finance UAE received an award for 'Best SME Loan' by the Banker Middle East Product Awards UAE 2014
- Longest investment track record in the Middle East.
- Discretionary portfolio management. Actively managed funds. Conventional and Islamic products.
- Winner of Best Asset Manager in UAE from EMEA Finance in 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014.
- Winner of Best Regional Asset Manager in the Banker Middle East Industry Awards in 2015.
Institutional Sales and Trading
Institutional sales and trading capability for fixed income and equities, primary and secondary markets covering MENA and global markets through extensive network of counterparties:
- Global access to equities, bonds / sukuks / derivatives
- Commentary and analysis on regional new issuances
- Firm Pricing / Market Making
- Daily fixed income pricing runs on regional names
- Custody and settlement services
- REPO services
Independent research on listed GCC companies and sector coverage, particularly UAE and Saudi markets, with a key focus on under-covered names.
Since May 2012, the department has launched coverage on 29 companies (14 non-financials and 15 banks), with coverage encompassing 66% of total UAE market cap and 85% coverage for the Dubai Financial Market.
|The Arabian General Investment Corporation (AGICO), a public limited liability company, was incorporated by Emiree Decree number 6 of His Highness Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, Ruler of Dubai and Vice President of the United Arab Emirates.
|In 1984, AGICO was listed on the Kuwaiti Stock Exchange.
|It listed on the Dubai Financial Market in 2000.
|In April, AGICO completed its name and identity change from “AGICO” to SHUAA Capital
|SHUAA is the Arabic acronym for Arabian General Investment Company. SHUAA Capital (SHUAA) de-listed from the Kuwait Stock Exchange (KSE) with effect from 1 Janary, pursuant to the decision taken by the company's shareholders in June 2008, due to difficulties in complying with inconsistent regulations of both exchanges. Since then, shares of SHUAA Capital have been traded solely on the Dubai Financial Market (DFM)
|SHUAA is a public shareholding company, regulated by the UAE Central Bank and listed on the Dubai Financial Market. It had a market capitalisation of AED600 million (US$163 million), as of 31 December 2012. At the end of 2012, SHUAA had 9,630 shareholders.
|SHUAA focuses on four core areas: Asset Management, Investment Banking, SME Lending and Capital Markets. This integrated approach serves governments, corporations, SME businesses, family offices and conglomerates as well as high net worth individuals (HNWI) and institutional clients.