- SHUAA, headquartered in the United Arab Emirates with offices in Dubai, Riyadh, Jeddah and Cairo.
- Asset management and lending businesses act as annuities for revenue. Investment banking advisory services and capital markets subject to market cycles.
- Public company listed on DFM with 1.065 billion shares in issue.
- Regulated as a financial investment company by the UAE Central Bank and the Securities and Commodities Authority
- 233 employees as at October 2018, including SHUAA Capital Saudi Arabia, Gulf Finance UAE, Gulf Finance Saudi Arabia, Integrated Securities and SHUAA Securities-Egypt.
- Capabilities include debt advisory, restructuring, Equities and M&A
- Worked on a number of high profile transactions during 2014 including the Emirates REIT IPO where SHUAA acted as Sponsor, Joint-Lead Manager and Joint Bookrunner, as well as the Amanat and Meraas IPOs
- Partnership with Government Agency Dubai SME.
- SHUAA Capital first ventured into the world of financing back in 2004, when it invested in a stake in Gulf Finance via private equity, and then in 2006 acquired a controlling stake before completing a 100% ownership of the firm.
- Gulf Finance Corporation- UAE provides liquidity and debt capital funding solutions across the Emirates. The Company was established in 1997 with offices out of Dubai. It offers a broad range of financing services primarily to asset owners, financial sponsors and corporates in a transitory state covering direct non-bank lending, mezzanine/ subordinated debt and special situations requiring capital through structured debt, convertibles, etc.
- In 2012, sister company Gulf Finance Corporation- Saudi Arabia was established to provide Shari'ah compliant financing products to SMEs in the Kingdom. The Company is headquartered in Jeddah and provides financial leverage to commercial entities operating in the manufacturing, trading, contracting and logistics sectors.
- Since December 2017, Gulf Finance Corporation has embarked on a new redevelopment and growth strategy aimed at taking the firm through to the next stage of its evolution.
- Longest investment track record in the Middle East.
- Discretionary portfolio management. Actively managed funds. Conventional and Islamic products.
- Regularly acknowledged by the market and peers
Institutional Sales and Trading
Institutional sales and trading capability for fixed income and equities, primary and secondary markets covering MENA and global markets through extensive network of counterparties:
- Global access to equities, bonds / sukuks / derivatives
- Commentary and analysis on regional new issuances
- Firm Pricing / Market Making
- Daily fixed income pricing runs on regional names
- Custody and settlement services
- REPO services
Independent research on listed GCC companies and sector coverage, particularly UAE and Saudi markets, with a key focus on under-covered names.
Since May 2012, the department has launched coverage on 29 companies (14 non-financials and 15 banks), with coverage encompassing 66% of total UAE market cap and 85% coverage for the Dubai Financial Market.
|The Arabian General Investment Corporation (AGICO), a public limited liability company, was incorporated by Emiree Decree number 6 of His Highness Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, Ruler of Dubai and Vice President of the United Arab Emirates.
|In 1984, AGICO was listed on the Kuwaiti Stock Exchange.
|It listed on the Dubai Financial Market in 2000.
|In April, AGICO completed its name and identity change from “AGICO” to SHUAA Capital
|SHUAA is the Arabic acronym for Arabian General Investment Company. SHUAA Capital (SHUAA) de-listed from the Kuwait Stock Exchange (KSE) with effect from 1 Janary, pursuant to the decision taken by the company's shareholders in June 2008, due to difficulties in complying with inconsistent regulations of both exchanges. Since then, shares of SHUAA Capital have been traded solely on the Dubai Financial Market (DFM)
|SHUAA is a public shareholding company, regulated by the UAE Central Bank and listed on the Dubai Financial Market. It had a market capitalisation of AED600 million (US$163 million), as of 31 December 2012. At the end of 2012, SHUAA had 9,630 shareholders.
|SHUAA focuses on four core areas: Asset Management, Investment Banking, SME Lending and Capital Markets. This integrated approach serves governments, corporations, SME businesses, family offices and conglomerates as well as high net worth individuals (HNWI) and institutional clients.