Your Privacy Is Important to SHUAA
We may obtain personal information about you in the course of your accessing this website or while serving you as an individual client or as someone associated with a corporate or institutional client. Obtaining this information is important to our ability to deliver the highest level of service to you, but we also recognise that you expect us to treat this information appropriately.
This policy describes the types of personal information we may collect about you, the purposes for which we use the information, the circumstances in which we may share the information and the steps that we take to safeguard the information to protect your privacy. As used throughout this policy, the term “SHUAA” or "SHUAA Capital" or “we” refers to SHUAA Capital psc and its affiliates.
The Sources of Information
The personal information we collect about you comes primarily from the account applications or other forms and materials you submit to SHUAA during the course of your relationship with us. We may also collect information about your transactions and experiences with SHUAA relating to the products and services we provide.
Finally, in the provision of financial services to you and subject to strict compliance with all applicable laws and regulations, information may be collected about you indirectly from monitoring or other means (e.g. recording of telephone calls and monitoring e-mails). In these circumstances, the information may be used for compliance or security purposes.
The Information We Have about You
The typical information we collect about you may include:
- Your name, address and other contact details;
- Your age, occupation and marital status;
- Financial information, including source of wealth, investment experience and objectives, risk tolerance and, where applicable, representations required under applicable law or regulation concerning your financial resources;
- Other information as may be required to verify your identity in accordance with laws and regulations addressing money laundering and other matters.
Our Use of Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information to:
- Administer, operate, facilitate and manage your relationship and/or account with SHUAA This may include sharing such information internally as well as disclosing it to third parties, as described below;
- Contact you or, if applicable, your designated representative(s) by post, telephone, electronic mail, facsimile, etc., in connection with your relationship and/or account;
- Provide you with information (such as investment research), recommendations, or advice concerning products and services offered by SHUAA;
- Personalise your experience on our website; and
- Facilitate our internal business operations, including assessing and managing risk and fulfilling our legal and regulatory requirements.
Disclosures of Your Personal Information to Third Parties
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties, except as described in this policy. Third party disclosures may include sharing such information with non-affiliated companies that perform support services for your account or facilitate your transactions with SHUAA , including those that provide professional, legal or accounting advice. In addition we may disclose your personal information on an aggregated basis to reputable third parties for commercial purposes but such information will not enable any such third party to identify you personally.
We may also disclose your personal information to fulfill your instructions, to protect our rights and interests and those of our business partners or pursuant to your express consent. Finally, under limited circumstances, your personal information may be disclosed to third parties as permitted by, or to comply with, applicable laws and regulations; for instance, when responding to regulatory requests, to protect against fraud and to otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or regulatory authorities or with exchanges.
SHUAA will not sell your personal information.
Information Security: How We Protect Your Privacy
SHUAA is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information. We limit access to your personal information to authorised employees or agents . We also maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to protect the information against loss, misuse, damage or modification and unauthorised access or disclosure.